The Training and Resource Center team is responsible for creating and delivering training, technical assistance, and professional development to parents, educators, and others who work with schools. Last June the team launched a website that houses health and education materials and began delivering training. The goal of all content is to assist parents, schools, and other key players in (a) addressing “health-related barriers to learning” that can undermine a child’s potential to succeed in school; (b) enhancing the social, living, and learning environment to which a child is exposed; and c) improve student attendance. This year the Resource and Training Center will expand its reach to include clinicians and advocates, continue to create and curate content, and increase its training capacity.
The Training and Partnerships Manager will work closely with the Healthy and Ready to Learn team to optimize and extend the training content and increase the capacity of the team to train individuals across NYC. Our current training priorities are in the areas of attendance, trauma, and community health referrals.
• Manage all external partnerships related to Healthy and Ready to Learn training.
• Create and tailor training for Healthy and Ready to Learn stakeholders (educators, parents, and health staff).
• Deliver trainings to teachers, parents, school staff, and other stakeholders served by the Resource and Training Center.
• Develop and curate content for webinars and online learning modules.
• Coordinate logistics for training and outreach events, including scheduling, communication, and follow-up after trainings.
• Collaborate with Program Manager to plan and coordinate Healthy and Ready to Learn events.
• Support the Program Manager and Site Managers with trainings for Healthy and Ready to Learn school-based models.
• Collaborate with HRL Team to establish and execute a plan disseminating the Healthy and Ready to Learn Resource and Training Center to relevant partners to drive its utilization and visibility.
• Manage communication with external partners and stakeholders (including monthly newsletter and social media).
• Collaborate with the evaluation team to collect and analyze data about the effectiveness of trainings and outreach events.
• Collaborate with the team to carry out other responsibilities associated with Healthy and Ready to Learn events and activities.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.