In this position, you will be supporting the Department of Health's (DOH) mission to protect and improve the health of residents of the state through professional and technical expertise by assisting in the inspection and investigation of DOH-regulated facilities. The Lodging Health and Safety Specialist serves as an expert in transient accommodation facility (hotel/motel) inspections and complaint investigations, and may be a lead worker for other health inspectors.
This is a full-time permanent Public Health Advisor 3 (PHA 3) within Environmental Public Health – Office of Environmental Health and Safety. This recruitment may be used to fill other PHA 3 positions within the unit.
This position can work remotely from home or from our office locations in Tumwater and Shoreline.
What will you be doing? – Duties include:
• Conducting surveys and compliance investigations at transient accommodations to determine compliance with health and safety standards.
• Gathering information from multiple sources, determining relevant data and compiling the information into a final report.
• Providing technical assistance to a variety of stakeholders and customers regarding compliance and related issues
• Explaining the results of surveys in various settings, including testifying in legal proceedings.
• Serving as lead for transient accommodations rule revision activities.