Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Health Planning, Public Health, Health Science, Hospital Administration, or Health Care Administration. A copy of your transcript must be attached to the application.
Experience: One year experience in health planning.
1. Possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a field identified above may be substituted for one year of experience.
2. Possession of a Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university in a field identified above may be substituted for three years of experience.
3. Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and one year professional experience in health planning may be substituted for the required specialized Bachelor’s degree.
4. Applicants may substitute experience in health or hospital administration for the required experience on a year for year basis, provided the applicant has at least one year of professional experience in health planning.
5. Health Planning experience obtained in a State Health Planning and Development Agency or in a Health System Agency as designated by Public Law 93-641 may be substituted at the rate of three months for four months of the required experience.
6. General Health Planning experience as required above is defined as experience obtained in a professional capacity in an operation established solely for the delivery/evaluation of health services (e.g. Hospitals, H.M.O.’s, Insurance Companies). Such experience must have been the primary purpose of the position during the time in question. Health Planning duties which are performed only incidentally are not considered as qualifying.