DATE: May 2018
TITLE: Coordinator, Awards and Grants
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Director, Awards and Grants
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: The Coordinator, Awards and Grants is responsible for the coordination of the Foundation’s awards and grants programs and will provide direct support for the Awards and Grants Department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Field questions via phone and email from applicants and recipients in an expedient manner. Examples of questions include: o When will I receive my award? o When will I receive my reimbursement? o How do I arrange my travel for the meeting?
• Provide support for peer review process, which includes: o Initial administrative review of all applications o Receipt of required documents o Maintaining a contact list of all applicants and tracking correspondence o Organizing peer review meeting and volunteer travel
• Provide administrative support for awards and grants activities, including distributing notification letters, checks, and contracts, as well as receiving and tracking these documents and sending reminders as needed
• Assist with check requisition and disbursement process for award programs
• Maintain recipient files and documents for all past and current award and grant recipients through grants management system
• Manage student awards, including call for applications, processing applications, review process, award payments, collection and analysis of reports and metrics and annual Student and Resident Experience
• In conjunction with Foundation Marketing staff, manage Choose Rheumatology campaign including development of social media content and printed materials.
• Assist with coordination of the Pediatric Visiting Professorship Program, including serving as liaison to the selection committee
• Coordinate committee and peer review meetings and distribution of meeting materials to staff and volunteers, including meeting planning, logistics and on-site support
• Review travel expenses submitted by volunteers and award recipients and process their reimbursements in accordance with Foundation policies
• Assist in coordinating awards and grants meetings and events. Travel may be required.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Program Directors