The work of the Office of Immunization and Child Profile (OICP) is focused on immunization, a cornerstone of public health work to reduce morbidity and mortality from vaccine preventable disease.
You'll support the OICP mission by developing and coordinating the implementation of the Immunization Information System (IIS) School Module. The School Module allows schools to access existing immunization records and manage student immunization data to conduct their immunization compliance work. The School Module allows the user to see school-specific information and reports. The goal of this system is to improve compliance rates with immunization requirements and to keep children healthy and protected from vaccine-preventable diseases.
What will you be doing? – Duties include:
• Coordinating the development and implementation of the Immunization Information System (IIS) School Module.
• Conducting program planning, development and evaluation of the School Module to include implementation and communication plan to public school districts and private schools.
• Planning and developing resources, including a web page, written materials and recordings to instruct stakeholders about using the School Module.
• Working with the Senior Policy Analyst, School Team, school staff, Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction, State Board of Health, and other stakeholders on policy issues related to the roll-out of the School Module.
• Conducting presentations to stakeholders about the School Module.
• Participating in a workgroup comprised of internal and external stakeholders to give input on best implementation of the School Module.