AcademyHealth is the professional home and leading national organization for health services researchers, policymakers, and health care practitioners and stakeholders. Together with our members, we work to improve health and the performance of the health system by supporting the production and use of evidence to inform policy and practice.
Currently we are seeking a Director to 1) lead, and contribute to, existing projects related to the development of new knowledge and moving knowledge into action, particularly in the areas of public health systems and research, population health, and healthcare delivery transformation; and, 2.) conceive, develop, launch and lead new programs that are consistent with the mission set forth by the organization. The ideal candidate will have experience in both healthcare settings and public health settings and/or working on multi-sector collaborations including healthcare settings to improve population health.
• Lead and manage multi-functional, cross- departmental program and/or project teams; involves working with project staff to create, review, and evaluate project plans and objectives; track and report progress relative to timeline and budget; and ensure quality controls of all deliverables.
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with various external stakeholders, current and potential funders, individual members, and organizational affiliates, including identifying and securing opportunities for collaboration.
• Collaborate with other senior staff to contribute to AcademyHealth’s business development strategy including, assessing current business plans / processes, and identifying potential business opportunities and partnerships with both new and/or existing funders/partners to ensure the organization has a robust and diversified funding base.
• Identify and lead various initiatives (e.g., writing grant proposals, serving as a substantive resource to other program teams) for new program development that are consistent with the mission set forth by the organization.
• Develop and apply substantive knowledge of multiple health services research and policy topics.
• Lead the conduct of research and analyses, including literature reviews and syntheses on associated policy and/or health system issues, to produce written products (e.g., issue briefs, papers, reports).
• Collaborate with other senior staff to develop and implement initiatives to support the strategic goals of the organization, including the creation of performance metrics and targets.
• Represent the organization in speaking engagements, discussions and relationships with external partners or clients to develop and support new and existing business relationships.
• Manage contracts and program activities, which include developing and monitoring project budgets, defining the scope of work and timelines for various projects, and allocating appropriate staffing.
• Develop and execute on small and large convening activities, including virtual and in-person meetings on topics of interest to the health services research and policy communities.
• Supervise direct reports, including mentoring, providing clear expectations and feedback, and help in analyzing and solving problems.