As a WIC Breastfeeding and Peer Counseling Consultant, you'll apply WIC, nutrition and breastfeeding expertise to provide professional consultation and training to local WIC agencies and Department of Health staff.
You'll provide breastfeeding and nutrition professional consultation and training to DOH staff contractors and the public on WIC breastfeeding promotion and the WIC Loving Support Breastfeeding Peer Counseling program (PC program).
What will you be doing? – Duties include:
• Developing and maintaining state policies that are in compliance with WIC state and federal guidance.
• Providing professional consultation and training to local staff to ensure staff use culturally appropriate, client-centered education principles when working with clients.
• Leading and coordinating all activities related to the provision of breast pumps to WIC clients.
• Applying expertise in breastfeeding support to assist local WIC staff to improve the breastfeeding and peer counseling services offered to clients and breastfeeding promotion activities they conduct in their communities.
• Providing training contract coordination, and training to local staff to ensure staff appropriately assess and document client needs for breastfeeding support and infant formula.
• Participating in Cascades development and implementation.
• Answering Local Agency Technical Assistance (LATA) policy and nutrition calls from local WIC staff and clients who call the state WIC program's 800 line.
• Serving as chapter lead for breastfeeding WIC Policy and Procedure Manual chapter.
• Providing professional consultation to clinic staff on breastfeeding policies and procedures.