MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - Must be a graduate from an accredited nurse practitioner program.
- California Registered Nurse (RN) license, California Nurse Practitioner (NP) license, and Furnishing License Certification.
- Current NP Specialty Certification from one of the following Nursing Boards: AANP, ANCC, NCC, PNCB, AACN.
- BART or BLS/CPR certification at time of hire with commitment to get BART within six (6) months of hire date.
- A minimum six (6) months working NP experience.
- Demonstrated experience providing comprehensive physical examinations and history with emphasis on HIV related conditions.
- Proven skills in crisis counseling of patients and families, with focus on the terminally ill HIV infected patients.
- Advanced skills in the assessment and management of a complex, unpredictable patient population such as diagnosed AIDS patients.
- Clinical nursing experience and knowledge of standard patient care and medical procedures in inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current oral parenteral drugs used in the management of AIDS related conditions including purpose, dose, and side effects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to deal courteously and effectively with a broad range of professionals, paraprofessionals, the public and patients.
- Must be able to perform venipuncture and intravenous infusion.
- Experience performing common diagnostic tests, exam procedures, knowledge of supplies and/or equipment needed, infection control mechanisms and ability to accurately record results in medical charts and protocol manuals.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - Knowledge of patient education resources at UCSD Medical Center and in the community. Research experience involving HIV.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS - Must be willing to work with patients with HIV and Hep C Infection. - Must be able to obtain UCSD Medical Staff privileges. - Must be able to work various hours, days, shifts, on-call and locations based on the 24-hour Medical Center's business needs. - Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.