The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle- income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
Program Overview CHAI’s HIV Access Program (HAP) works to address supply-side barriers to access and to foster a healthy marketplace to ensure the sustainable supply of essential medicines at lower prices. At the country level, CHAI helps governments understand the market, access lower drug prices, and facilitate the roll-out of new and improved product. CHAI will be supporting the government of Senegal to scale up and strengthen HIV care and treatment programs.
Position Overview CHAI is seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials, analytical ability and communication skills to provide in-depth and high-quality technical assistance to the Senegal AIDS National Committee and the HIV Program at the Ministry of Health to optimize care and treatment for people living with HIV. This will include building strong, trusted relationships with government counterparts, partner organizations and providing technical assistance in all aspects of developing and costing optimal ARV strategies. She/he must be able to function independently with minimal oversight and have a strong commitment to excellence with a keen eye for detail. This role will be based in Dakar, Senegal.
• Support the government in accelerating access to high quality, cost- effective medicine for adult and pediatric patients
• Support the country in assessing opportunities for optimization of national treatment guidelines and roll out of new formulations and develop interventions to overcome identified bottlenecks
• Undertake stock management analyses and costing exercises to help the national program consider different scenarios for introduction of optimal medicines and phase-out of suboptimal ARVs
• Support the development of training curriculum and training plans for pharmacists, clinicians, and data clerks as part of the rollout of new, optimal ARVs
• Help government ensure availability of ARVs at the central and facility level by building stock monitoring tools and dashboards and working closely with procurement agents and government logistics units to understand and map funding flows, ordering cycles, and delivery timelines
• Provide market intelligence analysis to procurement agents and government logistic units to ensure access to globally negotiated prices and efficient use of resources
• Participate in relevant technical working groups and serve as a trusted, accessible advisor to governments on a variety of ARV access topics
• Liaise with the Senegal Community Advisory Board to ensure effective coordination of activities implemented on the ground
• Liaise with Global HIV Access Program to share key country insights, and to keep abreast of newly available products and pricing, and potential supply challenges in the marketplace
• Other tasks assigned by the Program Manager