The Project Manager is a highly-motivated and meticulous individual with excellent problem- solving and communication skills looking to join a vibrant work environment in a maturing and evolving Health System. He/she will focus on new and existing initiatives and work collaboratively with leadership and staff across hospitals, departments and service lines to manage projects aligned with the Health System’s quality, patient safety and overall patient experience goals. The Project Manager will work closely with internal team members, stakeholders, collaborators, and participating facilities to ensure that projects are conducted in a timely manner in order to achieve goals. The Project Manager will plan, manage and execute performance improvement plans and activities in support of the Health System Chief Medical Officer.
Specific responsibilities include: 1. Provide project management support to system-wide projects related to the quality, patient safety and patient experience outcomes of the member hospitals of Mount Sinai Health System. Identify major phases, implementation sub-steps, key stakeholders, timelines, resource needs, and potential obstacles for each project to build a comprehensive project plan. Utilize project management tools and methodologies to track and communicate status of projects.
2. Provide direction and regular updates to the project team, ensuring the team is informed of all project changes, decisions and metrics that may affect the success of the project. Develop appropriate communication plans and strategies to ensure information is openly communicated.
3. Serve as an operational resource for internal team members for expedited problem identification and resolution, provision of project-specific updates, and team interactions and deadlines.
4. Develop and oversee the processes associated with process and outcomes measurement, data tracking and data reporting. Ensure the utilization of clinical and administrative data to support the identification of quality issues and improvement opportunities, drive prioritization and enhance decision-making and monitoring. Perform ad hoc analyses as needed to support project planning and implementation.
5. Establish and maintain collaborative relationships within the system in order to obtain information and content from leaders and front-line staff to foster successful project completion.
6. Develop and manage best-practices and tools for improvement, plan execution, and project management.
7. Coordinate project site monitoring activities, and may participate in site monitoring associated with initiation, closeout, and audit visits as required.