The Research Statistician will provide the Pediatric IDEAS (Infectious Diseases Epidemiology and Antimicrobial Stewardship) Research Group with statistical expertise and effort in all aspects of research - designing new studies; developing grant proposals; developing databases; managing and analyzing data; and interpreting results. The analyst will work closely with Pediatric IDEAS investigators and senior statisticians in developing analytic plans and applying new and existing statistical methods.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
• Creates study-specific analytic plans in conjunction with Principal Investigators and doctorally-trained biostatisticians • Independently applies logic to set up cohort based on data plan as provided.
• Conducts complex statistical analyses using statistical software, including Stata, SAS and R (or other appropriate statistical package)
• Learns and applies new statistical theory and techniques for ongoing projects or proposals.
• Writes reports and supports the preparation of manuscripts for peer- reviewed journals.
• Thoughtfully presents results to the study team
• Actively participates in interdisciplinary discussions/interpretations of analyses
• Manages and manipulates data.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or directed in order to meet the goals and objectives of the research group.