Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking an Epidemiologist to support the Center for Prostate Disease Research (CPDR) in the Department of Surgery at the Uniformed Services University (USU). This position will report directly to CPDR’s Director of Epidemiologic Research. The position is located in Rockville, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to CPDR. As one of the leading prostate disease research centers in the nation, CPDR is a comprehensive, translational research program established to study prostate disease, primarily cancer, in the Department of Defense military health care delivery system. The CPDR was established in 1992 by United States Congressional mandate (Public Law #102-172). In its 25 year history, the program is credited for groundbreaking discoveries aimed at improving cancer detection, treatment, and quality of life, as well as reducing racial disparities in cancer outcomes.
1. Initiates, designs, implements, and evaluates epidemiological studies supporting translational, clinical and population-level research projects.
2. Designs and implements retrospective and prospective cohort studies with appropriate statistical analysis plans.
3. Provides consultation and interpretation regarding study design and necessary statistical analysis.
4. Extensive support of CDPR’s Director of Epidemiology with publication output, including but not limited to: peer-reviewed manuscripts, abstracts, posters and podium presentations.
5. Assists fellow researchers, as needed, in basic and complex epidemiological and biostatistical principles and methods.
6. Attendance at key programmatic meetings including monthly data manager conference calls and Annual Principal Investigator and Data Manager meeting in Rockville, MD.
7. Travel to national scientific meetings to present research findings.
8. Compliance with and understanding of regulatory procedures including protocol development and approval, obtaining clearances for all publications, and adhering to required human subjects training.