General Responsibilities of the Executive Director include:
- Leading a volunteer-driven healthcare organization which provides care for underserved Baltimore City residents.
- Fundraising and development – develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Working with the Board of Directors to continue to shape the mission and vision of the Clinic and communicating effectively in a timely and accurate manner all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Interacting with and advising board of directors, committees and the clinic’s partner, MedStar Union Memorial Hospital and MedStar Corporate.
- Recruiting and overseeing a team of volunteers including physicians, nurses, administrative, counselors and integrative care providers.
- Determining and responding to community needs in a changing healthcare landscape. Managing a small group of dedicated staff.
- Oversee building and grounds management.