The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences has an opening for a full-time Clinical Research Coordinator. The individual who fills this position will work under the supervision of Dr. David Diemert, MD, Associate Professor in the Departments of Medicine and Microbiology, Immunology & Tropical Medicine.
The Clinical Research Coordinator will support Dr. Diemert and the MITM/MFA clinical research team in all the aspects of the clinical trial research activities that he is conducting at GWU. GWU is currently conducting Phase 1 and 2 clinical trials to develop new vaccines for infectious and neglected tropical diseases such as HIV, hookworm and schistosomiasis at sites in the United States, Brazil, and Africa. The successful candidate will conduct clinical trial activities, analyze data, and assist in the preparation of electronic and paper ethical committee and regulatory agency submissions, program reports, funding proposals, work plans and correspondence as needed.
• Support the clinical research team in the preparation of electronic and paper regulatory and ethical committee submissions, program reports, funding proposals, work plans and correspondence as needed (including preparation, proofreading, formatting and editing of programmatic documents and presentations, and filing both physical and electronic program and regulatory files).
• Conduct recruitment and screening activities for potential study participants in clinical trials being conducted at GWU.
• Maintain clinical trial master files, study site records and files and ensure compliance with applicable standard operating procedures and regulations. Assist with periodic review of study files for accuracy and completeness.
• Assist in the development of technical research documents and operational technical resources (i.e., clinical trial protocols, informed consent forms, case report forms, annual reports, regulatory submissions, clinical trial reports, clinical development plans).
• Maintain and disseminate clinical trial tracking information; manage program invoices and purchase orders.
• Coordinate tasks, schedules, and compilation of reports and minutes of the clinical trial unit activities and procedures.
• Assist in the creation of clinical trial databases, ongoing data management, and data analysis.
• Assist in the development and implementation of recruitment strategies to increase patient enrollment into clinical trials.
• Performs other duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.