As part of the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), the Bureau of Primary Care Information Project (PCIP) is devoted to improving health by promoting and supporting primary care. PCIP works with over 1,300 health care organizations on increasing clinical prevention opportunities, reducing health disparities, managing/preventing chronic disease, and creating community linkages to support health promotion.
PCIP is partnering with the Division of Mental Health on a citywide initiative called the Mental Health Service Corps (MHSC). MHSC was developed as part of the mayoral initiative called ThriveNYC (the Mental Health Roadmap), an unprecedented strategy and set of initiatives involving most city agencies to approach mental health as a comprehensive public health challenge. MHSC is a workforce initiative that hires, trains and supervises early career mental health professionals (social workers, psychologists and physicians/psychiatrists) to deliver evidence based behavioral health interventions in high need primary care and behavioral health settings. At expected full strength, MHSC will support close to 400 clinicians across the city in high need communities and clinics.
PCIP seeks an Evaluation Data Analyst to conduct data analysis and support program evaluation of MHSC. Primary responsibilities include data analysis and preparation of deliverables including statistical data summaries, descriptive analyses, data visualizations and reports of major findings; collection/tracking/management of evaluation data; as well as assisting with the development of surveys of primary care and behavioral health practices, evaluations of trainings, and surveillance of patient-level outcomes. The Analyst will work with a dynamic, cross-disciplinary team that includes evaluation, operations, and clinical staff. The Analyst will also collaborate with PCIP’s Evaluation team that extracts data from the Hub, a cutting-edge, real-time query system which gathers data from EHRs at more than 720 doctor’s offices, community health centers, and hospital clinics. The Hub covers 2 million patients per year in NYC and allows the DOHMH to answer relevant public health questions in a timely manner.
There is a potential for this position to transition to DOHMH and therefore candidates must meet DOHMH eligibility requirements, including NYC residency.
• Collect, clean, conduct data quality assurance, and analyze Hub data, producing graphical representations, statistical models and output using analytic software packages
• Collect, clean and conduct data quality assurance on survey and clinical outcomes data to prepare data for statistical analysis using analytical software packages
• Analyze survey and clinical outcomes data to produce statistical summaries, data visualizations, and other analytical MHSC deliverables using analytical software packages; respond to data requests from Bureau, Division and Agency leadership
• Conduct literature reviews and research in the areas of behavioral health, integrated care, and links between mental health and chronic disease, to inform program development and evaluation planning and deliverables
• Develop surveys to evaluate trainings and other interventions of the MHSC program
• Monitor and document data collection to ensure data quality; support the development and implementation of workflows to ensure systematic data collection
• Participate in MHSC meetings related to program evaluation and data analysis; support preparation and follow-up related to MHSC data meetings and projects
To apply, send resume, with cover letter, including salary requested and how your experience relates to this position, to email@example.com indicating “Evaluation Data Analyst and your name” in the subject line.