This position will be housed in the DCEG Coordinating Center on the day-to-day management of a new biospecimen-based prospective epidemiologic cohort. The position will be based 100% on this effort. The study will enroll 150,000-200,000 adults from a diverse group of integrated health care systems (IHCS) sites across the U.S. Consented participants will provide data and biospecimens at baseline and repeatedly during follow up. Follow-up via tumor registries and electronic medical records will capture information for diagnoses of new cancers and its precursors. The healthcare and online study setting will be dynamic and highly interactive, facilitating additional exposure assessments (e.g. using new technologies such as monitoring devices).
Specific duties will include:
• Assist the Study Manager with coordination of IHCS sites, support service contractor, central repository, and other entities to accomplish core objectives based on established standardized infrastructure and procedures for recruitment and follow-up while accommodating site-specific requirements. This includes organizing meetings and teleconferences, monitoring adherence to protocol, maintaining a study decision log, and tracking and responding to issues requiring resolution.
• Assist the Study Manager with reporting on participant recruitment, retention, and follow-up as well as data receipt, completeness, and quality (i.e. questionnaire and electronic medical records) and biological specimen collection.
• Develop a work breakdown structure (WBS) - encompassing planning, tracking, execution, and completion activities for all tasks; and change control.
• Assist the Study Manager with overseeing project durations and schedules, producing deliverables and project schedule controls.
• Assist the Study Manager with tracking completed events to ensure appropriate sponsor billing and collections.
• Assist with internal information flow within the Division on the study progress, specifically assist with updating DCEG intranet site and scheduling DCEG seminars (inviting speakers, theme).
• Prepare presentations, reports, and manuscript writing as needed.
• Oversee management of all study- related approvals (e.g. IRB).
• Assist with compiling data needed for budget planning including reviewing past budgets.
• Order supplies and deliver to investigators in the field.
• Other duties as required.