Immediate need for an on-site Senior Health Communications Specialist to support Federal staff at the National Cancer Institute, Center to Reduce Cancer Health Disparities (CRCHD) develop and promote the NCI/CRCHD communication mission and serve as an advocate for clear, timely and relevant public health communication activities.
As a Senior Health Communications Specialist, you will manage the communication efforts of the CRCHD to include communication planning, communication project management, communication content development, branding and marketing, web page updates, brochure and form development, survey development, coordination with change management practitioners, and other communication campaigns and message activities.
The Health Communications Specialist will develop and execute communication strategies that translate CRCHD strategy and health disparities priorities into action. The successful candidate will promote and drive understanding of the Center's health disparity priorities and key initiatives through strategic communications.
• Plan, develop, and implement strategic communication plans to communicate information about cancer disparities research and diversity training issues to ensure CRCHD's mission, and its programs/initiatives and output are disseminated to its audiences, including trainees, early stage investigators, researchers, health professionals, cancer advocates, Congress and other federal health officials, and patients and their friends and families.
• Serve as a strategic advisor to leaders and staff in CRCHD about effective communication strategies and tactics and how CRCHD can support these communications initiatives.
• Serve as the primary point-of-contact for several assigned CRCHD programs and provide assistance to navigate CRCHD programs/initiatives.
• Function as a lead to clarify and define new communication related projects that come from the Center and work with NCI Office of Communications and Public Liaison (OCPL) to manage these projects, including adhering to an agreed upon time frame.
• Develop, implement, and assess effectiveness of audience-tailored communication strategies and audience tailored content.
• Provide communication support for disparities research and diversity training print and digital resources, such as fact sheets, blog posts, articles, and social media posts.
• Provide review and editing support for developing concepts, conference materials, progress reports, congressional inquiries, correspondence, and other reports.
• Serve as a liaison with the NCI OCPL and work with OCPL staff on media, and handle requests for interviews, statements, etc.
• Foster relationships with advocates and key persons.
• Collaborate with staff to produce copy for promotions or articles.
• Assist with communication and dissemination of strategies and messages for senior leadership.