The Center for Vaccine Safety and Effectiveness Research at the Department of Research and Evaluation (R&E) of Kaiser Permanente Southern California (KPSC) is seeking a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow interested in studying vaccine safety and effectiveness.
The KPSC Center for Vaccine Safety and Effectiveness Research conducts high-quality research involving large, diverse populations, providing timely evidence to decision-makers and the public. The Center is part of the Department of Research & Evaluation, based in Pasadena, California. The research team has expertise and experience in performing a vast array of vaccine research studies, ranging from epidemiologic studies of vaccine preventable diseases to Phase IV post-licensure observational studies. The research team works with partners from government, industry, academia, and other health care systems to conduct important research on topics such as vaccine safety and effectiveness, vaccines in special populations (e.g., pregnant women, immunocompromised individuals), vaccine uptake and compliance with recommendations, and methodologies for vaccine studies. Findings from the Center’s studies guide immunization policy and regulatory decisions and provide the public with information regarding risks and benefits of immunization.
This position will provide mentored experience in field work, proposal development and scientific publication, designed to prepare the incumbent for a productive career as an independent researcher.
• Designs, develops, and directs well-defined research with supervision from a R&E Research Scientist.
• Prepares grant proposals and publications independently and collaboratively.
• Provides consultation and direction to programmer/analysts with regard to data management and analysis strategies.
• May perform subject assessments or chart reviews or provide direction to research support staff performing these tasks.
• Submits abstracts to and presents papers at national scientific meetings.
• Seeks consultation from R&E Research Scientists for specific scientific and administrative issues.
• Participates in R&E department meetings and projects as appropriate.