Under the direction of the Senior Associate Director of Planning & Analysis, the Clinical Data Analyst will conduct data reporting and data entry projects related to clinical systems.
Business Analysis and Data Management:
• Analyze and document data, business requirements and processes; communicate requirements to technical and non- technical staff through the construction of basic conceptual data, process models and workflow charts, and technical specifications.
• Interview end users, stakeholders, and project sponsors in order to assess business and clinical needs for data; create business, functional and technical requirements documents for data.
• Advise on clinical workflow redesign for assigned areas.
• Write report specifications for SSRS programmers using knowledge of database schema for internal applications and QA data output prior to implementation
• Advise clinical and operational programs on the appropriate data and specifications to use for decision making, conduct analyses as required
• Extract, collect, analyze and interpret data of various types from multiple sources
• QA of data sources, aggregate and line level data extractions
• Data cleaning
• Manage panel of canned reporting obligations
Program and Quality Evaluation:
• Develop evaluation plans for existing and new/pilot programs (must understand benchmarking, pre/post, cohort principles)
• Help guide the development of operational and clinical pilots with data management as a top consideration/driver of process, ability to identify risks, concerns and ambiguities in program design.
• Conduct program analysis that culminates in publishing opportunities
• Document changes through standard change control process.
• Analyst should be versed in data analysis concepts, and quality improvement methods.
• Comprehensive understanding of Electronic Health Record workflow and clinical data analysis
• Understanding of process improvement methodology and statistical process control (Pareto, Statistical Process Control, Process Capability, Design of Experiments)
• Proficient in excel (complex formula development, form controls, macros, dashboard construction, pivot tables)
• Familiarity with SPSS or SAS
• Ability to identify risks, concerns, and ambiguities during the gathering and definition of data and reporting requirements
• Ability to interpret and scope requirements
• Must be comfortable working within and travelling between lower Manhattan office setting and Rikers Island and borough jail facilities.